The department of Surgery at the Dhaka Community Medical College Hospital is dedicated to develop the best surgeons by using dynamic curriculum & mentoring based teaching methodology. Our trainees are working as team & exposed to everything in the domain of general surgery, colo-rectal surgery, plastic surgeries & Urology. This wide variety of surgical procedures enriches the training including the educational experiences. The SURGERY dept. is situated on the 10th floor of hospital building. It has two wards male & female including cabin. The patient can get admitted themseves at any floor of hospital.
1.Lecture classes (MBBS & BDS) taken as per schedules–5classes/ Week.
2. Clinical classes (MBBS & BDS) –Morning & evening ( by Professors, Associate professor, Assistant professor & Registrar at Morning & evening classes by Registrars, CA & MOs.
3. Ward ending examinations.
4. Block ending examinations.
5. Assessment examinations.
6. General CME activities — according to schedule.
7. Journal club activities–once in a month.
8. Conduction of skill lab training.
9. Assessment of interns & students according to curriculum.
10. Professional examinations for both MBBS & BDS according to schedule.