DHAKA COMMUNITY MEDICAL COLLEGE
History of Medical College (DCMC)
Background of Dhaka Community Hospital Trust:
Dhaka Community Hospital (DCH) was founded in 1988 by DCH Trust, as a non-profit organization. DCH Trust developed various urban and rural models of community participated Health Care unit along with other health related care programmes since 1988. The objective of this Trust is to establish a successful models of affordable & better Health care for the common people in the country. The Members of Dhaka Community Hospital Trust are:-
- Professor Quazi Quamruzzaman, the Chairman of the Trust, started this project as a 20 bed hospital. He is a freedom fighter. He is a renowned pediatric Surgeon in Bangladesh & abroad. He is a pioneer in pediatric Surgery in Bangladesh & was the president of Society of Pediatrics Surgery in this Country.
- Prof. Mahmuder Rahman is co-ordinator of the Trust & Chairman of the Governing Body of Dhaka Community Medical College. He is also Chairman board of management of Ibrahim Cardiac Centre. Prof Rahman was the main architect of Dhaka National Hospital and Dhaka Medical College. He was also the Chairman of Board of Management Dhaka Shishu Hospital.
- Dr. Sabera Rahman was the Director of Mohammadpur Fertility Services, Training Center for 22 years and established the center as a regional model for Family Planning Services, training and for Reproductive Health.
- Dr. Rahima Ali was the senior consultant of Azimpur Maternity Hospital and played a significant role of developing Maternity Services of that Institute.
- Quazi Habibur Rahman retired Senior General Manager of BCIC is a Trustee of Dhaka Community Hospital. He has years of experience in administrative and Human Resource Management.
- Saidur Rahman was the Country Representative of OXFAM Bangladesh. He is also regarded as an expert in disaster management and played a significant role in planning and developing models for disaster management of the region.
The Trust from its early days engaged itself in teaching and training of various health manpower and started an Institute of Community Health to produce various levels of health manpower. Dhaka Community Medical College & Hospital gradually grew into a 500 bedded modern tertiary care center under the able guidance of the Trust and hard work of its members. Dhaka Community Hospital will always remember the stewardship of Mr. Jalal Uddin Khandoker a national sports personality and social worker, who contributed and worked with great compassion during the formative stage of Dhaka Community Hospital.
Background of Dhaka Community Medical College (DCMC):
Dhaka Community Medical College (DCMC) Established in 2008. DCMC Offered 5 years MBBS course & BDS course. The course is approved by the Ministry of Health & Family welfare, Govt. of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh. This college is affiliated with the University of Dhaka & recognized by the Bangladesh Medical & Dental council.